Faculty & Staff
I have been in education since 2000. I have a Bachelor’s degree in Science and experience working with children with learning disabilities. I worked for Florida International University under the Panther Life Transition Programs for adult education. I truly enjoy teaching and helping the students build self-confidence.
I am an alumnus from Good Shepherd Catholic School and I have had the privilege of working here for four years. I am currently the Spanish teacher as well as the St. Thomas Aquinas Gifted Program teacher. I enjoy teaching about different cultures and giving students the confidence and tools to learn a new language and explore their potential.
- Throwing kindness like confetti
- Believing in yourself and trying your best
- Working hard to achieve our goals
- Learn to set goals that can be achieved
- Being positive to be successful
- Understanding the meaning of Christ in our lives and his love for us through mass and the sacraments
- Serving others
My teaching career began at Good Shepherd in 2003. I have a Master’s Degree in Elementary Education. I’ve been blessed to have taught several elementary grades and middle school Science. This year is my 20th year at Good Shepherd, my second home.
Middle School Science
I have been teaching at Good Shepherd since 2008. I have a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Education. I love children and watching them grow and learn. It is amazing to see how much they learn throughout the year. It is a very rewarding career that I am blessed to be a part of. Middle School is an exciting time for your child. As cognitive ability increases, so too will their sense of independence, self-reliance, and self-confidence.
Maria Teresa Medina
- Have Jesus as the Master of our learning
- Develop strong, good self concepts and self control
- To learn in a positive and safe environment
- To excel academically and meet or exceed personal and classroom goals
- To grow not only as a student but also in faith as a Catholic citizen
- To prepare for the next grade level and achieve continued success
Juan Pablo Pages
Middle School Religion and Social Studies
About Juan Pablo
- Develop powerful faith formation that will bring their faith to life
- Enrich their understanding of geography and history
- Give them opportunity to become platform speakers in various class presentations and activities.
- Build their confidence in knowing that Christ dwells in each of their hearts.
I absolutely love to teach my little ones, instilling in them a love for learning that will last a lifetime. Our goals for this year are:
- Actively engage in hands-on learning.
- Developing physical, mental, and social skills.
- Encouraging children to develop self-confidence and self esteem.
Middle School English
I have been a parishioner at GSCS my entire life and felt so blessed to get a job teaching at the parish school. This is my ninth year teaching language arts and literature at GS. I have a Bachelor’s degree in English and psychology and a Master’s degree in English education. I have always had a passion for reading and writing and hope to instill that in all of my students. Language arts class develops composition skills and has students become effective, confident writers. Students are exposed to different styles of writing including creative, informational, opinionated, and persuasive assignments. Each year, students enhance and develop their skills to become more advanced writers.
Computers/Mother Seton Program
GSCS has been my second home for the last 9 years. I have over 20 years of teaching experience. At GSCS, I currently serve as the Mother Seton Program Coordinator, as well as, Computer and Vocabulary teacher. I enjoy being a part of my students’ journey as they grow mentally, physically, and spiritually. I want to facilitate academic success for all students and a nurturing environment. Be an example of faith.
Rev. Jesus Arias
Fr. Jaime Delgado
Highly Qualified Educators
The school employs or contracts teachers who hold baccalaureate or higher degrees, have at least 3 years of teaching experience in public or private schools, or have special skills, knowledge or expertise that qualifies them to provide instruction in subjects taught.