Faculty & Staff
I have been in education since 2000. I have a Bachelor’s degree in Science and experience working with children with learning disabilities. I worked for Florida International University under the Panther Life Transition Programs for adult education. I truly enjoy teaching and helping the students build self-confidence.
I am an alumnus from Good Shepherd Catholic School and I have had the privilege of working here for four years. I am currently the Spanish teacher as well as the St. Thomas Aquinas Gifted Program teacher. I enjoy teaching about different cultures and giving students the confidence and tools to learn a new language and explore their potential.
- Throwing kindness like confetti
- Believing in yourself and trying your best
- Working hard to achieve our goals
- Learn to set goals that can be achieved
- Being positive to be successful
- Understanding the meaning of Christ in our lives and his love for us through mass and the sacraments
- Serving others
- continue to grow in our Catholic faith
- prepare for the changes that occur in middle school
- become independent learners
- form good study habits
Middle School Science
I have been teaching at GS for 12 years. I have a Bachelor’s in Elementary Ed. and Master’s in Early Childhood. I love children and watching them grow and learn. It is amazing to see how much they learn throughout the year. It is a very rewarding career that I am blessed to be a part of. Kindergarten is an exciting time of exploration for your child. As their motor coordination increases, so too will their sense of independence, self-reliance, and self-confidence. As the year progresses, they will be expected to complete assignments with less outside help, accept more responsibilities, and follow rules more closely.
Middle School Mathematics
- pursue their goals
- believe in themselves
- reach for the stars by working hard and giving their very best
Maria Teresa Medina
- Have Jesus as the Master of our learning
- Develop strong, good self concepts and self control
- To learn in a positive and safe environment
- To excel academically and meet or exceed personal and classroom goals
- To grow not only as a student but also in faith as a Catholic citizen
- To prepare for the next grade level and achieve continued success
Juan Pablo Pages
Middle School Religion and Social Studies
About Juan Pablo
- Develop powerful faith formation that will bring their faith to life
- Enrich their understanding of geography and history
- Give them opportunity to become platform speakers in various class presentations and activities.
- Build their confidence in knowing that Christ dwells in each of their hearts.
I absolutely love to teach my little ones, instilling in them a love for learning that will last a lifetime. Our goals for this year are:
- Actively engage in hands-on learning.
- Developing physical, mental, and social skills.
- Encouraging children to develop self-confidence and self esteem.
Maria Gabriela Rivera
I have being teaching for 18 years in Early Childhood education, 6 of those here at GSCS. I truly enjoy being their first school experience. I believe that early education is the key to their future learning experiences. My goal for this year is to create a rich, fun and safe learning environment that promotes social, physical and cognitive development.
My degree is in Music Education and I have been teaching music for 46 years. I really love what I do! I play piano and organ, sing, direct choirs, and share my love for music with all students at GS from PK3 to 8th grade. Our music class includes the study of famous classical composers and their works, ballet, opera, musicals, and basic music reading/writing skills. We, also, play Xylophones, shakers, sticks, and over 6 kinds of drums.
This is my 6th year at GSCS and I love it. I not only love art as an artist, I love teaching as well. Every year I am hopeful to lay a foundation for a great appreciation, joy, and love of the arts that will last a lifetime. My goals this year is for the students to develop a positive way to express themselves learn principles and elements of art, learn new skills and art techniques, and experience using various art mediums.
Middle School English
I have been a parishioner at GSCS my entire life and felt so blessed to get a job teaching at the parish school. This is my ninth year teaching language arts and literature at GS. I have a Bachelor’s degree in English and psychology and a Master’s degree in English education. I have always had a passion for reading and writing and hope to instill that in all of my students. Language arts class develops composition skills and has students become effective, confident writers. Students are exposed to different styles of writing including creative, informational, opinionated, and persuasive assignments. Each year, students enhance and develop their skills to become more advanced writers.
Computers/Mother Seton Program
GSCS has been my second home for the last 9 years. I have over 20 years of teaching experience. At GSCS, I currently serve as the Mother Seton Program Coordinator, as well as, Computer and Vocabulary teacher. I enjoy being a part of my students’ journey as they grow mentally, physically, and spiritually. I want to facilitate academic success for all students and a nurturing environment. Be an example of faith.
Rev. Jesus Arias
Fr. Edivaldo Da Silva Oliveira